036 - Hong Kong Day 6 & 7

By Melody Tan - 9/18/2013 01:56:00 PM

Oh hello!!!! I'm back!! To blog!! Sorry about the absolute neglect of this space, I'm really heartened to know that people do actually check back here for posts.. Thank you! *blows a zillion kisses over* ♥♥♥ September has been a almost a life-changing month for me, okay not exactly life-changing for real but maybe some happenings here and there have left me anticipating for even more to come! When things have firmed up, maybe I will reveal more about the little stuffs that have been happening in my life.. I have also become a happier person, firming myself up more and also, to really pursue what I have always yearned to do.. So right now, things are back in place and I'm back to blog!

Here's the really back-dated blog post about the last 2 days of our Hong Kong trip in May. Like seriously, how am I ever gonna finish up my Taiwan travelogue at this pace.. HAHA. We'll see how hardworking I am then!

Day 6


Rise and shine from Renaissance Harbourview Hotel!! Couple outfit made up of $8 NY Tee bought at Argyle Centre, and my diamond patterned skirt is only $4, neon pink bag is also $8. My whole outfit is less than $50, I can't even...




There's a reason why we're together, we're always doing such silly stuff and I end up laughing like mad.


Welcome to Central!!




Every place is an #ootd opportunity. Hahah!




Settled for lunch at Tsui Wah.


Central is like Hong Kong's CBD area, so of course it was mad packed with office workers. As mentioned in previous posts, it's really common to have to share seats with the other patrons! I see this practice slowing coming up in Singapore cafes....oh no.


Tsui Wah is famous for their....chicken rice!? I think the stall at Far East Plaza tastes nicer though.


Toasted pork buns glazed with condensed milk, APPROVED.


Some crispy noodles of sort.


Finished lunch, off to shopping area~




HK likes their looooong escalators.








Boyfriend is cuter than me T_T


Busy busy junction at Causeway Bay..




Couple OOTD shots!




I laugh too easily...I'm sorry D:




Went to have some dessert after that because my baby was getting tired from all that shopping!




#ootd opportunity in Causeway Bay's 6 storey Forever 21.


After all that shopping in the afternoon, here's our dinner for the night!!


McDonald's was having black and white burgers, why don't they have it in Singapore? All we have is teriyaki/samurai/ninja sorta burgers all the time. This black burger was the best McDonald's burger we've ever had!! Yummy.


After the quick dinner and refreshing up of ourselves back at the hotel, we headed out once again... We wanted to go to this place since the first day of our trip!


You can never guess where we are headed to.. ;)


Up in the sky at Level 113 of Ritz Carlton Hotel HK, and with a uber pretty and intricately designed washroom...


Welcome to Ozone, the highest bar in the world!


The bar has an awesome view, whereby you can see the harbour.. It's mainly filled with caucasians and in my opinion, the bar isn't exactly the most strategically designed. You'd have to sit at the outside area in order to have your drinks with a view. The inside of the bar is just made of tables and sofas. And when you're at the outside area, smoking is allowed....so it kinda ruined the entire experience. The music was too loud for our liking as well. Thought they'd have some soothing music, but no....


We rarely get to have alcoholic drinks together outside because he drives most of the time. So this is the chance :)


We had these seaweed battered calamari too because I was hungry :/


Second round for me and none for him! I had this orange and chocolate drink, they used LINDT chocolate and I thought it tasted great. Had to cab back to our hotel after the drinks session because it was way past midnight by the time we left.

Day 7 - Last day!!


Good morning, decided to order in breakfast since it was already our last day of the trip.


Hong Kong style eggs benedict.


Accompanied with some sides..


Food makes him really happy! :)


After breakfast, we packed and checked out, left our luggages at the hotel lobby and went to Mongkok for some last minute shopping! Here's me at Monki, Langham Place.


Finally, we managed to go to Kam Wah Bakery, this famous cafe that sells its bo lo buns like hot buns...literally.


Received lousy service from this aunty, because they are very busy and we had no idea how to order... Plus the stream of customers was really constant.


But okay, the bun was really good. You need to try the one with butter inside!! Goodness gracious. Hahaha.


We ordered like 10 buns to bring back to SG for our families. Then her attitude changed for the better -_-


2 thumbs up approval by us!




Every time when we're overseas, they always have such promotions at their 7-11s. I loveeee to complete the sticker game and get a free toy!! And this time it was Rilakkuma, thanks to baby for entertaining me and buying from 7-11 so I can get my stickers. Hehehe♥


Meanwhile, it was time to really fly back to SG... We were contemplating whether to cab to the airport directly or to take a train. I was afraid of traffic jams... And then! The bell boy at our hotel told us that we can actually just cab to Hong Kong MTR Station and check in there, and take the Airport Express to the airport without all your luggages! It sounded too good to be true at that point of time, because we were running late already. As we checked in at HK Station, we were just on time!! Till this day, I'm still amazed at this whole check-in at a MTR Station system.


Squeezing my stuff into his luggage..heh.


Our prized possessions, hahaha.


Upon reaching the airport, we had to take a bus from this terminal to another terminal because we took Jetstar.. We were almost, almost late for the bus. We were the second last in queue...as usual. Eeps.


And here's my boyfriend being totally shagged out from all that rushing around with the baggage. Thank you for always being so understanding, helping me pack, being so patient towards me and bringing me around the many shopping places in Hong Kong. Thank you also for entertaining me, allowing me to bring you around in search of good food places and always trying your best to make this trip memorable. And of course, it is memorable and I can't wait for the next one already baby!! :')♥

Hong Kong Travelogue
Day 1 & 2
Day 3
Day 4 & 5
Day 6 & 7


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hello Melody (I can call you that right? ><) I really like your post. So please continue blogging! :) really looking forward to your Taiwan's posts! :) no pressure though!

    ReplyDelete