039 - National Day long weekend! (Part I)

By Melody Tan - 9/29/2013 08:41:00 PM

Happy Sunday! Woody and I are currently sitting inside Fosters at Holland Village. It's a real cozy place, with dim lighting and comfy arm chairs..too comfortable to a point whereby both of us are almost falling asleep.. It's an exceptionally lazy Sunday, sitting in the cafe and watching the world go by us... We just had their afternoon tea set and I gotta admit their scones are really nice. However, I'll just leave that to another post by itself. Today, I am finally getting around to blog about my long weekend back in August, whereby Woody and I had a 3D2N staycation at Swissotel! :)


Getting ready to start our long weekend!!




We even had a small luggage, because we wanted to act like tourists on the staycation HAHAHA.




People have had passed remarks that we look like Thai, Koreans, Taiwanese and Japanese before. It's either all Asians look alike, if not we look multi-national...?






Taking the train to Raffles City!


Settled for lunch first at Out of the Pan.. It's a bistro located at the basement of Raffles City, and I think I have passed by the eatery many times without knowing it actually exists.




Simple menu, but they are known for their wide range of crepes.






We were seated just beside the fountain.


I was craving for a salad, so we ordered the Unforgettable Caesar Salad with chicken. You may think that the name is stupid, why unforgettable...? We were pretty amused by the name as well....


Until I had my first mouth and realized it's the best Caesar salad I've ever had. Complete with a little cheese bun at the side, the salad was full of healthy and crunch too! They were so generous with the croutons and bacon, the sauce was good...everything just felt so complete as a whole. It is indeed the most unforgettable Caesar salad I've ever had. Hahah. Till this day, I've tried many salads and none can be compared to this from Out of the Pan.


Had a mushroom soup to share too.


Woody doesn't like to eat salads. I have a bunch of people in my life who don't like to eat salads/coleslaw/veggies. How can anyone not fancy salads!! It's an ultimate blessing to dine with them though, I end up having all the veggies to myself. How awesome (in my own opinion) :p


Of course we had to order the crepes, that's what people come here for after all.


Mushroom crepe.


Peking duck crepe, yum!


Then there came the dessert, we had a fresh berries waffle with ice cream and custard. It was so good!!!


Here's a very gluttony me enjoying every bit of the waffles despite being very full from the above courses. As people always say, there will ALWAYS be space for desserts, right?

By the way, if you want to visit Out of the Pan as well, too late... It's now closed and defunct. I can't believe they closed like about 1 or 2 weeks after we visited them. When I called to reconfirm the news, I was so sad that I kinda teared because I've been trying to get Woody to bring me back for the unforgettable salad but it's gone...forever :( This feeling is akin to the feeling whereby people leave your life for good and you didn't get to say good bye. How devastating, but thinking on the bright side, at least I've tried it at least once. But still, boohoo..


Headed to Swissotel to check in, yay! We met Pink Panther at the lobby, the most random character you'd never think of meeting at a hotel lobby.


Outfit of the day - Aztec tube top from H&M, skirt is my sister's!


We were assigned to the 55th floor, we always get such nice hotel room numbers.




Tadah, our abode for the next 2 days!


Always like to check out the bathroom first to see if it's clean (and camwhore at the same time).






TWG galore in a pretty box.


This staycation also made me fall in love with TWG's French Earl Grey tea, mixed with creamer. It was so good, we had it in the mornings and at night too before we went to bed. It is retailing at TWG outlets at $23 for 15 sachets. 1 sachet can be used about twice.




We got the room with the city view, no harbour view since they were priced at $800+ per night in preparation for the National Day weekend.




What I was doing - camwhoring.


What he was doing, HAHAHHA. See the difference between guys and girls already!?


Got changed and prepared to go hunt for a good spot to catch the fireworks later on!


After walking and contemplating for a long time, we ended up at the Marina Promenade. I think we walked quite a distance from the hotel, because quite a few roads were closed, Esplanade was also inaccessible..


Photo credits to my boyfriend, my official photographer for my blog. LOL! I honestly think he takes nicer photos than me.


Good things are always worth the wait, and the fireworks galore begun..










Happy 48th birthday, Singapore! Always feel a sense of patriotism whenever I watch the fireworks!


My favorite Singapore skyline...


The sky was in a beautiful colour as we walked back to Swissotel..






As per all other staycations, we'd give our tummies a break by buying all kinds of fast food and snacks back to the hotel room to eat as dinner! Here's the boyfriend being contented with his fried chicken and TV. Simple life ♥


I took a bubble bath..... ♥♥♥

And that's the end of our Staycation Day 1, Woody had a surprise for me on Day 2! Find out where in my next post :)!


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments