029 - Hong Kong Day 4 & 5

By Melody Tan - 7/26/2013 12:14:00 PM

A little update about my life:
I am terribly sorry for the lack of updates around this space, I'm giving my blog too little love! Life's been busy as usual, dragging my feet to work 5 days a week, joined a gym, juggling between my family, friends and boyfriend. Always trying to strike a balance between the priorities in life, but I think time management is the most important skill. I do wish I have more time to bake, been wanting to try out a salted caramel cupcake receipe for some time already, as well as macarons! I've also been eating regular meals of late, then working it off at the gym. I feel better after each gym session! Because I also go for classes such as yoga, pilates, stretch fit to stretch my aching body and calm the mind and soul after a long day at work. My boyfriend has also influenced me to watch Running Man, so we watch it on weekend nights and laugh our asses off. Watching it really makes me wanna try to play a round of it as well! I also love watching the Monday couple of Gary and Jihyo together, but many years of k-fandom has taught me that all of these variety shows are scripted and fake.... Okay nevermind, so getting back to my blog. Yes, I'll try to blog more often? I haven't even completed my Taiwan travelogue, at least I'm almost completing my Hong Kong one?? Hahaha. And there're also the everyday happenings that I wanna blog about as well. So...here's a promise to more frequent blog posts ok!



Day 4


Today we are both in a catty mood! Matchy matchy cat tees from Topshop and Depression.


YAY Hong Kong Day 4!




Today we head first to Central to buy Woody's Dior Homme jeans. It feels so darn good to see those busy working adults at Central area, because I myself am up early to go shopping and eat dimsum!!! HAHAHA. That's why I always say being a tourist is one of the best feelings in the world! :D


Was roaming around by myself when Woody was in the washroom, and saw this beautiful bakery with all sorts of different cakes! When he got out, I dragged him in to look at the cakes. He asked if I wanted to eat them, I said no..just taking a look, plus they're expensive.




When I came out of the washroom, here is what I saw! He actually bought these cakes for us when I was not around... Thank you!! :*)


We headed to Prince Edward for One Dim Sum, 一點心! It apparently received 1 Michelin Star, just like Tim Ho Wan! At first we were afraid that we have to queue very long for it, but we queued for less than 5 minutes.




Char siew paus and siew mai are my must order dim sums everywhere I go! To be honest, I prefer eating siew mai the Singapore way......chilli please.


The chee cheong fun had dough fritters inside so it was good! The thing on the right is frid egg whites with honey or something, topped with sesame seeds. It's really good, you should try it at least once! But once is enough because you'll get sick of it halfway through. It's one of their signature dishes.




Where got people eat dim sum eat until so cute one!?




As usual, looking at this picture makes me crave for dim sum now. I would rate the place 3/5, while giving Tim Ho Wan a 4/5! Nevertheless, if you wanna try this, here's the address:

One Dim Sum
Shop 1 & 2, G/F, Kenwood Mansion, 15 Playing Field Road, Prince Edward
太子運動場道15號京華大廈地舖1-2號




Our go-to for cooling herbal tea!


We were back at the Dior Homme store for his fitting after scowling through Argyle Centre!


Heavy traffic at Wan Chai, Hong Kong. We walk past this link way from the MTR to our hotel everyday. I have no idea why so many people were also photographing this scene....so I did too. Hahaha. Went back to hotel to drop our shopping stuff before heading out again!


Cap frenzy for him~


A typical Hong Kong street at night, Mong Kok.




There will always be some sort of singing, dancing, hustling and bustling of activities on the streets at night..


This is a very popular trend in Hong Kong, whereby street photographers set up a mini stall and take photos for the public at SGD$3 a pop. The photos are taken using a vintage camera and the print out will be in black and white. There are more than just 1 stall for this, and the HK youths will queue up for it.


Stinky tofu, not stinky at all.


We decided to have our own photoshoot on the streets of Mong Kok. People were staring but we didn't care, hahah.


This is my favorite series of our mini photoshoot.






Actually secretly hoping nobody will just grab my camera and run off, eeps!


Walked to have supper, this is Tsui Wah at Mong Kok.


In the end, the dishes we wanted to eat were sold out! Heard that the chicken rice is nice, but no moooore.


So we settled for Sushi One at TST!


As mentioned before, HK sushi places are aplenty and all of them have half priced dishes after 10PM. Yummyyyy! One can NEVER get sick of Japanese (and Korean) food.




I always have a sashimi platter to myself because Woody doesn't eat sashimi.









We ate till closing time, 1AM. The waitress was really slow in coming back with our change, and we were rushing for the last train back to HK island. So we ran from the sushi place to TST MTR, only to find out that the direction we wanted to take towards to is not in service anymore... Didn't help that we ran with such full stomachs, and it was raining! It rained every night from Day 3 onwards... So we wanted to take a public bus because it was costly to take a cab to cross the harbour. After what seemed umpteen times of crossing the roads here and there and asking the locals, someone finally directed us to take a mini bus to Wan Chai. We took the bus, and then got the help of a local couple to know where to get down. In the end, we got down 2 streets earlier and we were cheated of our bus fare. We paid SGD$16 for both of us....when the local couple only paid way less than that. After that, we had to run in the rain (and skip on puddles) to get to our hotel....and we recognised the right linkway to our hotel because of the 369 Restaurant that we pass by everyday. What a memorable night! :O


Day 5


Started our day at Jordon for Yee Shun Dairy Company! We initially wanted to settle for breakfast at Australian Dairy, but it was closed! Not sure why, thank goodness Yee Shun was just a stone's throw away.


Steamed milk pudding, yumyum! I LOVE THIS, I think I can eat it for breakfast every morning. It's milky, sweet and comforting.


Ordered HK milk tea as well~






Of course we have to eat this when we come to HK!


Whaaaaaaat!? *Grown Ups 2 reference*


This group of aunties working there were very cute, they kept hovering over us and told us what to order. I blame Woody the auntie killer. Then they started to have their own picnic lunch beside us too.


Bring it all to me!!! Loved it! Will want to go back for the steamed milk again ^^



Yee Shun Dairy Company
63 Pilkem St,, Jordan
佐敦庇利金街63號


Shopping time at TST~!




Of course we had to come to Harbour City to see this internationally famous duckie!!!! So so so happy to be able to see it alive and well, because it was deflated just before we flew to HK.














And many more little duckies....






Headed back in and saw this macaron shop!


As usual, salted caramel for me and rose flavor for him. Well, you can skip this shop.


Walked around TST till it was time for dinner! This is what we settled for dinner...


Nissin cheese noodles with pork! It is SO GOOD!!!!!! We both shared a bowl of it and to be honest, I wanted a bowl all to myself! LOL. We were trying not to over eat because we wanted to try alot of food in HK.




Forced him to do this imitate Edison Chen shot. See any resemblence? Hehe.


After that we walked to Granville Road, where we had this famous egg waffle! Taro flavored one ^^ And it turned out to be the only egg waffle we had for the entire trip :(


Omnomnomnom.

After this, Woody brought me shopping at TST area. The stuff were really nice but way more expensive than Argyle Centre of course. Every shop has its unique stuff, each piece of clothing is an average of SGD$50. Anyway, here's the end of our HK trip Day 4 and 5!! Last post will be about Day 6 and 7 then I'll successfully complete my HK travelogue (like seriously!!!) :D :D

Hong Kong Travelogue
Day 1 & 2
Day 3

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments