052 - #wmkorea13 Travelogue {Day 3}

By Melody Tan - 5/23/2014 05:09:00 PM

Have been trying to blog more often because I'm so afraid of forgetting snippets of my life and also, I want to try to keep this space alive. I know Korea trip's been long overdue but but but I miss it so much right now and I'm really determined to finish my Korea travelogue! Anyway, I've been receiving some questions here and there about Korea, Taiwan and Hong Kong so please feel free to continue asking me. You may either email me at contrabandlovee@gmail.com or ask me over at my Ask.fm!


It's Christmas Eve today and we're finally heading back to Seoul! Checked out early today because we had to catch an early flight back to Gimpo Airport. The taxi driver who drove us around Jeju Island yesterday didn't come to our hotel to fetch us in the morning as promised!! So pissed, but thank goodness taxis are pretty easily available at Jeju!


As you can see, the street is still quiet, empty and cccold.


Catching the sunrise at Jeju Airport, am I glad our hotel is just 10 minutes' drive away.






Managed to grab some tummy-fillers of latte and red velvet muffin from Angel-in-us Coffee.


Can't wait to go back to Seoul!!


Arrived safely at Seoul.


Buying their subway card to get from the airport to Myeongdong!!


On the subway. I gotta admit that their subway/train lines can be quite confusing.


We finally made it to our hotel! We stayed at Myeongdong Prince Hotel, which is right smack beside the subway station exit. The hotel staff speak perfect English, which is a major must for us since my broken Korean can't get us far. The only bad thing is that....the room is really, really small. I can't emphasize how small it is. Once we put our luggages down and open them to unpack, there's totally no space to walk. The location and all is good though, so if we do ever go back to Myeongdong Hotel Prince Hotel, we'd definitely opt for a bigger room!


Matchy matchy skeleton wear, what we always do when overseas.


Today's weather! If you thought Jeju was cold enough.... It's my first time experiencing such low temperatures so I thought it was really fun, haha.


Once we exit the hotel lobby, this road crossing is what we'll see. Just cross the road and you'l see Tour Les Jous, Uniqlo on the left and tadah!!!! Myeongdong shopping street!


First stop to keep us full and warm - Yoogane Chicken Galbi. O M G. WHY IS IT SO CHEAP AND GOOD??!?!








We had the original chicken galbi for two with one additional rice.






Actually we don't have to do the stirring, the staff will help you to cook everything. Just sit back, relax, inhale the smoke and omnomnomnomnom!!




Leaving the place a really happy girl! Our bill totalled up to around SGD$28 if I'm not wrong. There was also a free flow salad bar but we didn't touch much of that.


Shopping time!!!! Spotted a huge ass Forever 21 at Myeongdong!!!!!!




Everything just looks better in Korea, really. I don't understand how I can purchase so many things in Seoul's Forever 21 during winter time when I can just walk in and out of F21 in Singapore!?


Myeongdong is crowded, really really crowded.


Omo, omo. Potato twisters! Freshly fried right in front of you, crispy and hot dusted with cheese powder. I don't understand why we were even sharing one. No more sharing once I get back to Korea again!














Random Christmas rabbit.


Red Cross Society having a mini instrumental concert and raising funds.


A photo with the Myeongdong Christmas tree, too bad it turned out blur :(




Korean make up, shops after shops.


Our first hoddeok!


We are sharing again because we don't want to overeat before dinner.


Ahjummas make bbopki on the spot and sell them.


Spotted a middle school!


And here's what the boyfriend went to do.... In the end the security guard chased us out, hahahaha.


He and his lover.


We bought bbopki!!!! We challenged each other to not break the middle portion, I was at the winning edge!! Then it broke, boohoohoo.


Got some latte from Ediya Coffee, which is relatively cheaper than the rest of the coffee joints. Lattes are really an essential for us throughout the trip because it's so cold all the time! And Korea has such a huge variety of lattes available, it puts Starbucks in Singapore to shame.


We bought a piping hot gyeranbang to share. It's a sweet cake-like bread with a half-cooked egg in it. The bread is crisp on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside.


I CAN'T EVEN. Can we stop sharing already?


I need to stop showing my greedy faces, hahahha.


A guy offering free hugs!


Woody went for it, LOL.




Sausages stuffed with tteokbokki, not as nice as I expected it to be!




Forgot what mall this is but it has H&M inside too.


Elderly folks carolling outside the mall.


Realized that many Koreans were carrying cake boxes of different brands hence we recognized that as a trend to celebrate Christmas! We went to source for a cake too!!! Ended up at Tour Les Jous opposite our hotel. All the cakes all over Myeongdong were either sold out or selling fast. Whoa!


Can the boxes be prettier?


I thank my limited knowledge of the Korean language that we knew what the cake flavours were.


Crossed the road and back to the hotel to put the cake, yay!




Look at our pretty cake :') Felt so much like one of the locals because we have a cake to celebrate Christmas as well! Thank you W for buying us the cake ^^


Merry Christmas, everyone!!! Oh I forgot it's May now.




We changed to something comfy and warm and headed back down to Myeongdong Shopping Street again because we wanted to go check out if there's any countdown of sort for Christmas.


The huge ass Nature Republic is behind us while we are directly outside the huge ass Uniqlo!


It was very very crowded!


My second Christmas with my love ♥


It turned out that there wasn't any countdown, which was quite disappointing! All there was was a very weak "5...4...3...2...1......". Or maybe all of them were too absorbed in taking their selfies..?


Had churros by the street, super good.




FREAKING CUTE BEAR from Dunkin' Donuts! We would have bought our Christmas cake from here if they weren't sold out for all the cakes under W25,000.


When we went back to the hotel, we exchanged presents! Mine was Christmas cum birthday present while his was Christmas present.


Damn hilarious and coincidental because both of our presents to each other are from the same shop LOLOL. And we both told our friends at the shop to not tell each other that we bought these for each other. Hahahahha!!


Here's my very pretty oil slick Jeffrey Campbell! To quote myself, "If there's one princess that Woody makes me feel like, it's gotta be Cinderella." :') Thank you baby!!! ♥♥♥

#wmkorea13 Travelogue
DAY 1
DAY 2


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments