015 - Picnic day out with love!

By Melody Tan - 4/07/2013 04:45:00 PM


On a Wednesday two weeks back, we decided to go on a picnic at Marina Barrage. We had always wanted to go on a picnic, but the weather nowadays has been super cranky. It's always scorching hot and sunny in the afternoon, then it starts threatening to pour with its looming dark clouds....then it really pours all the way through evening. So when we finally had a good weather, we were ecstatic!


We wanted to make our own food for the picnic, we had to head to the supermarket nearby to get some groceries (without much clues as to what we wanted to cook....)!!


My pretty boyfriend who looks picnic-ready ;)


Hmm what did we cook in the end..? You'll find out soon enough!


When we reached Marina Barrage, we were greeted with this pretty view of a clear, blue sky accompanied by colorful pretty kites in the sky!


Yay we are ready for a picnic!!! :D Here's him being a real gentleman helping to carry all the stuff up hehe. I did help in the end okay!!








Perfect weather for a day out.


Tadah!!! Our food for the picnic! There's homemade tuna pasta with corn bits, cheese toast, onion rings, ham and egg sandwiches, homemade brownie and (store bought) sushi! What a spread, to think we still thought that the food might be insufficient... In the end we couldn't finish all of it.


Woody's special cold tuna pasta!


Cold root beer, still icy cold thanks to his specially bought ice box..haha ^^












Pretty view to accompany our picnic outing..


The bunch of people so carefree that they have time for a picnic or kite flying session on a weekday afternoon. Good life much :((








I find it amusing how small our picnic mat was... It was the only proper one that I could find from Daiso though :/


Finished eating, time for some jump shots HAHAHA. Woody the fourth building of MBS.














One of my favorite shots :)


Meanwhile when I was running in between to the camera and him for the self-timer shots, there he was doing this......






His favorite hobby is to carry me out of the blue and put me down again, leaving a little dazzled on the spot...










When the sky gets dark, it also marked the end of our picnic day out... :)

I am currently blogging this entry at Starbucks, with a hojicha cream frappe on my right and canele macarons to my left, with Marie Digby playing through my ears.... And of course, with a very studious looking baby right in front of me. My favourite left-handed boy looks so good when he's serious..... Hahaha, his finals are coming real soon and I'm expecting more of such weekends to come. Gotta love lazy Sundays ;)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments