016 - Chye Seng Huat Hardware

By Melody Tan - 4/11/2013 01:47:00 PM


There has been a lot of hype about Chye Seng Huat Hardware. What makes it so special? Well, I guess it's because of the un-suspicious shop front, that may deter people from entering it for no reason. Instead, it's the opposite! This exact shop front attracts people of all ages, mainly young hippies and cafe hoppers. The entrance to this hidden cafe is actually from a metal door at the left side.




Welcome to Chye Seng Huat Hardware! Never expected such a cozy ambiance when you saw the shop front, did you? Always remember not to judge a book by its cover! :D I went there on Good Friday, and it was really crowded, be it indoors or the exterior seating area (which looks kinda like a normal coffeeshop on the streets). Reservations are not taken here, so pray hard to be able to find a decent seat! It was raining heavily in the afternoon, so I guess that might have deterred some people from travelling here. But looking at the crowd, I guess the rain poses no huge problem to them.... Oh by the way, the queue is NEVER-ENDING.


They serve some tummy fillers, and of course the famous coffee!


My precious Good Friday date ♥ We were really lucky to able to find a table just for the 2 of us! When we arrived, everywhere was full. We walked out, then in again and tadah! EMPTY SEATS!


Looking at this picture now really makes me reminisce the pancakes and creme brulee. I can almost feel the smooth custard in my mouth!!


Standard, we always have to go through the photography session first. HAHAHA.


So pretty :)






Pancake stack, it was super worth it at $10. You get 5 pancakes! They were gooood. Better than Strictly Pancakes, I'd say.


Banana cake, can be moister.


Sweet tooth overload, the creme brulee is surprisingly good! I don't know of a lot of cafes that can produce a good creme brulee. It's priced at $6 for a huge portion, I'd say it's a very good deal and would go back just for it! :)


Homemade lemonade and espresso + milk. Their home brew was sold out by the time we went, which was around 3PM +.








YUMMY. Love this cafe so much that I want to bring Woody here too!♥


Took away a raspberry muffin for the boyfriend, which according to him, was good!




Favorite uni bestie!! ♥____♥

Chye Seng Huat Hardware
150 Tyrwhitt Road Singapore 207563
Tel: 6396 0609

By the way, a recent addiction...



Stay, with me. You know who you are. ♥

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments