010 - Crazy about Jap food

By Melody Tan - 3/18/2013 11:02:00 PM

こんにちは!! Recently I've been craving for nothing but just JAPANESE FOOD. Maybe it started from the trips to Koh's Grill and Sushi Bar for shiok maki, then some trips to Sushi Tei to get me hooked onto sashimi. No matter how, this Japanese crave doesn't seem to be going away any time soon...? Been meeting the girlfriends and each time we eat, we've been having Jap food. Am I glad I'm not the only one who is on Japanese food craving! :D

Hoshino Coffee 星乃珈琲屋
Plaza Singapura #03-84, Tel: 6338 3277


The famous fluffy soufflé pancakes that are almost the size of 3 normal pancakes stacked together! This one was really good because it was crispy on the edges yet fluffy and white on the inside. Worth to try at least once at least!


Hoshino Pot Baked Curry Rice


French toast on the left and matcha float on the right. Absolutely love the matcha ice cream used, couldn't stop raving about it to them, hahaha. It's smooth and is of just the right flavour, not too creamy and was not diluted.






From university till now, we've endured it all. Finally graduating and attending the convocation together, we stepped into the working world officially. Now that we're all working adults, it's hard to take time out to meet each other as all of us have our own commitments, be it work, boyfriend, family, friends, etc. Thinking back of the times that we endured 3 years of shit together, I feel really appreciative that we still hang out and rant to each other about work now. I guess it is the only way forward, and I forsee us ranting about even more stuff when we grow even older, together ♡


Maccha House 抹茶館
Orchard Central #B1-40, Tel: 6636 5830




I ordered the traditional green tea set for just $3.90 because it sounded fun to DIY my own gree tea, plus it came with 2 chewy mochi balls.




As you can see, both of us had a lot of fun trying to stir the powder in. HAHAHA. Actually we had a really hard time following the instructions and trying to make our own hot green tea. Bubbles didn't seem to form and in the end, the green tea was quite bitter. The mochi balls were good though!


Both of us had the same thing, udon with salmon in creamy wasabi sauce. I thought it would be as creamy as carbonara, but to my disappointment it was quite watery and the wasabi taste wasn't there at all because they simply added chunks of wasabi into the sauce. I had to ask for more wasabi.


There she is, happily enjoying her iced matcha tea and laughing at my hot green tea (stirred with lots of hard work).




It was really good being able to meet Faye once again, and this time round when I see her, we aren't colleagues anymore. I remember how we had a teary farewell when she left last December. Even after 2 months of not seeing each other, we had SO MUCH to talk about, basically catching up on each other's lives after we've been separated. Even till now, I still miss her very much as a colleague at work and always wishing that she would be there when I turn around. As quoted from Faye, we may not be colleagues anymore but we have each earned a friend! Very touched :*)


Izakaya Nijumaru
Cuppage Plaza #02-10, Tel: 6235 6693


Welcome to Izakaya Nijumaru, an absolute hidden find at Cuppage Plaza. Cuppage Plaza is nothing short of sleazy, but it definitely can't be compared to Orchard Towers! Why do all these nice Jap/Thai food have to be located in such places.....I guess there's a reason why it's called a hidden find?




The special bento set that the waitress recommended, apparently it is the most famous dish in the restaurant. It came with assorted tempura, sashimi, braised pork and grilled fish. I don't like braised pork in Japanese cuisine because I don't usually eat it. The grilled fish was super good, crisp skin and tender meat but filled with bones. You may wish to order this bento set at $20 if you're feeling fickle about your food choices!


Joanne's share of katsu curry rice at just $10. I would say it's value for money and how wrong can the classic Japanese curry ever get? :)









Work has been a torture of late, but it's not because of an overload of tasks or anything. It's just....I feel so demotivated to pull myself out of my oh-so-comfortable bed and make my way down to yet another day at the office. It's so mundane, I've been doing this for almost 2 years now. How did my parents ever manage to work for...decades!? Amazeballs. Maybe I'm too used to my job, maybe it's time for a change, a new challenge. Afterall, change is the only constant. The only thing I look forward to everyday for work is to be able to wear my new clothes and shoes. HAHAHA bimbotic, I know. But hey, at least I've got something to motivate me right!? And really, all my friends being in the same situation as me really makes it much better. I'm so thankful for everything happening to me right now, be it good or bad. Good things of course make me feel more blessed, but I think we can learn from the bad things in life as well....

Make many mistakes but never make the same one twice. While the first is a mistake, the second one is a choice. And....we always have a choice. It IS your life after all, either you make it or break it. As you live by each day, happy or sad...you decide yourself. Words to act as my reminder for the day!♥

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments