069 - Macau & Hong Kong Trip 2016 Day 5

By Melody Tan - 4/29/2017 07:14:00 PM



This year we celebrate Singapore's 50th birthday, and a great golden jubilee weekend we had indeed!! I enjoyed myself a lot for this year's National Day. Due to work commitments, W was unable to bring me to catch the fireworks over National Day last year. I'm quite a fan for fireworks so I really, really wanted to go somewhere to watch the 5 minutes worth of fireworks this year. As usual, he managed to keep his word and made me a really happy girl this time round!


Our day started off slightly late, we headed to Wild Honey at Mandarin Gallery for brunch since W has always wanted to try it.


My Sweet Morning - Twice cooked signature brioche french toast stuffed with grilled mango, blueberries, toasted coconut flakes with Canadian maple syrup.


His English Breakfast - The full works of scrambled eggs, Canadian back bacon, Cumberland pork sausage, dad's baked beans, sauteed mushrooms, breakfast potatoes, grilled vine tomatoes & signature brioche.


Super yummy! I felt that Wild Honey has always been consistent with the quality of its all day breakfast, albeit the higher price points.


Banoffee Brulee - A milkshake with fresh bananas, caramel, honey and crowned with flamed meringue topping. Sooooo pretty to look at, delicious drink, but the top meringue is tasteless.


Love the decor too♥






♥______♥


Aishhhh, when I wanna take a wefie but a twist is all I get :(


Just had to highlight that the stuffed grilled mango in the french toast was soooo good, it totally differentiated its french toast from other cafes'.


Take #1 (still being ignored).


Take #2.


Take #3....

Wild Honey
333A Orchard Rd, #03-01/02 Mandarin Gallery, 238897
+65 6235 3900

A photo posted by mëlo (@twinkletea) on


Anyway, yes we hurried to Gardens by the Bay to park his car after brunch! Traffic police had sealed the road off towards GBTB but thank goodness we managed to sneak our way through ^^


My red and white combination for this year! Boring I am~ We went to MBS and it was such a horrorrrrr!! Had to queue half an hour for the washrooms, had to wait from no. 19 to no. 75 for our 1 cup of Gongcha!! And the worst part was that they sealed off the main entrances of MBS so we were stuck inside the mall and couldn't get out unless you head out by the 2 exits at the very end of the mall. Maybe I've worked too long in a mall, my first thought was - What if there was a fire and these people couldn't get out of the mall!? Tsk tsk, I'm sure the management of MBS would have received lots of "feedback" after the National Day weekend. In the end, W and I had to find means to sneak through the guards through a staircase exit from B1 up to the exterior area of MBS. What an adventure! I'm glad we made it through :')


We managed to get a really good spot to watch the fireworks!!






Too pretty!!!!!♥ I always get teary-eyed during the fireworks display, gahhh :')


After the fireworks, we headed to the food fair and Uncle Ringo fair nearby. We had these ondeh ondeh flavored mochi ice cream from Swensen's.


I also had the best and hilarious bumper car ride in my entire life, thanks to this guy beside me. Never thought I'd enjoy bumper car rides at this age but hell yeaaa let's go again! :DD We also spent $10 trying to play "horse racing" at one of the booths but we didn't win...



x

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments