033 - Woody's Convocation!

By Melody Tan - 8/27/2013 02:34:00 PM

Sorry for the really long absence away from here, didn't have the intention to not blog!! I've been busy rushing on a project, which I've since completed since Sunday (25th Aug). Because of this project, I didn't have the time to meet my friends as well, so I'm going to make it up to them over the next few weeks! :D I have so much to blog about, especially (ahem) the last day of Hong Kong, (ahem ahem ahem) completing my Taiwan travelogue (I don't know why I even have the guts to remind you guys about this), and also my awesome long weekend that happened over the National Day!! It was helluva fun because we had a staycation at Swissotel and Woody also surprised me with a trip to Resorts World Sentosa Adventure Cove Waterpark! Over that weekend, we had a lot of fun watching the fireworks and eating lots of good food as well. To be honest, August has flew past pretty fast. To think I was still complaining that July was so draggy and I couldn't wait for it to end (partly because I couldn't wait for my pay to get in as well.....). This weekend marks the end of August, then comes September... Is time passing by too fast or am I not doing enough everyday!? Time to ponder upon such issues and have some self reflection before the month ends...

Meanwhile, last Friday was Woody's long awaited convocation!!! WOOHOO!!! Finally he graduates officially from university, yay! :*) Took a day off from work for this, so it means a self-declared long weekend for me. Double yay!!!


Made him a little card to congratulate him!


His ceremony was the morning session, so I woke up at 7:40AM in the morning to reach SIM by 9:30AM. I can't believe I had to take the same route to school last time when we had 8:30AM classes, wtf.


The professors/chancellors looking every bit like they stepped outta Hogwarts.


After what seemed like more than 500 students and a short performance by the SIM String Ensemble, it's finally his turn!


So small, so cute lol!!


Yay ended!!! Time for buffet (bet everyone else was waiting for this as well).


Woody and his mummy :)


Yay, me and my boy! So proud of you, hehe.


So fail self shots. LOL.






Love the left shot of Momo and Woody, so cute hahaha.


His presents, Woody and koala bear!






With Shaun.








The atrium (and basically the whole school) was so crowded that we skipped the tea reception buffet and headed to an isolated area for a mini photoshoot session.




















To make up for our empty stomachs, we headed to Carpenter & Cook! Yumtums :p






Then my camera died on us.......


Photos from here onwards are taken using the iPhone 4S!


What we ordered - hot latte, pot of Hot Cinnamon Sunset tea, passion fruit meringue tart, pain au chocolat and banoffee tart! Totaled up to roughly $30.


Love, love, love passionfruit meringue or lemon meringue tarts. The sweet and sour tastes combine just nicely to hit the spot.


Banoffee tart was made of sliced bananas and a toffee layer inside, topped off with cream and cocoa powder. Maybe they can be more generous with the bananas and toffee. Don't have a picture of the rest, but I wish they could heat up the pain au chocolat for us (even Starbucks does so), but I liked the cinnamon tea! Too bad the boyfriend's not quite a fan. $5 for a pot of tea is so much more worth the penny than a $11 pot at TWG.






Handsome boyfriend paired with pretty latte :)


The cafe is located along the row of shops that includes Kim's Korean Restaurant and Nook's Pancakes.




Pretty cafe makes a good back drop for photo taking :p












There's always time for taking #ootd ;)




Ending off this post with my #ootd too, hahaha! :)



Carpenter and Cook
19 Lorong Kilat #01-06
Tel: +65 6463 3648

xoxo

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments