047 - Olive Tree @ InterContinental Hotel

By Melody Tan - 11/25/2013 11:31:00 PM

Hi all! Decided to pop in to say hi and actually produce a blog post since I have some spare time on my hands now. I went for an international buffet at Olive Tree, InterContinental Hotel, yesterday with my family. It was a good time to catch up a little because since Woody is not in Singapore, I will get to spend more time with my family.






I loved the Boston lobsters, really big and juicy. The good thing is that they kept refilling the basket pretty frequently because it runs out quite fast.


Salad bar.




An assortment of bread.






Have taken a liking for cha soba of late. It's so good and healthy! It's probably almost like the Japanese version of naeng myeon, cold buckwheat noodles.


Sashimi, one of my favourite Japanese words ever! Hahah.




To be honest, I don't think I ate a lot yesterday because I was sharing bits of food with my brother. Plus, the range is not that wide and they had a range of Peranakan dishes that didn't quite appeal to me. InterContinental Hotel is a landmark of Peranakan heritage afterall.


My parents!


















Trying our hands at creating our own bowl of prawn noodles!


Yums!
















Any resemblance?




I always refer my brother as my part-time boyfriend, but then Woody gets jealous. Hahaha, faster come back, baby!!!!










Gummies coated with chocolate.....extreme fear factor kinda food.


Coconut and durian ice cream in a little bowl with rainbow sprinkles!!


Desserts galore!


















My family, excluding my elder sister who's trying hard to diet for her wedding. Hoho.




Our #ootd of the day. Our parents are really not the best at take #ootd for us.... Anyway dress is from PeppyThread, shoes from Rubi and bag is vintage!

Olive Tree Restaurant
80 Middle Road, Singapore 188966
Tel: +65 6825 1061

Overall, I'd give the buffet 3/5 stars. The range of food available is really small as compared to some other buffets I've tried in the past. Also, I think that only selected dishes are nice. My parents were kinda saying that some of the food are not as fresh. In addition, I didn't feel like eating the hot Peranakan dishes as I felt they were too heavy for my stomach. Will we go back there again? I don't think so... But it's okay, never try never know, right!? :) But since I've tried, so now you will know....hahah :D!

Mondays always pass by so fast because I'm busy at work. Today was quite a fruitful day at work though, because at least I'm starting to get more projects and build up my momentum. I hope work will get better day by day! On a side note, I can't believe it's been 14 going on 15 days since I last saw my boyfriend in flesh. It sucks not to have his physical presence around, but I'm glad we're still going through it strongly! I guess thinking positive really does help. In just 3 more days, he'd be back in Singapore already. I can't wait!! It really feels so different to talk through the phone than real life communication.

It's about 11:30PM now, I am going to sleep early for once. My dark eye circles are really desperately calling out for help already. Does anyone have a good eye cream to recommend!? D: Okay good night everyone!!

P/S: Taiwan posts are upcoming because I've started editing them again, yay!!!


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments