046 - The secret birthday escapade at Tempat Senang

By Melody Tan - 11/22/2013 12:02:00 AM

I can't believe November is coming to an end, neither can I imagine that the year is ending very, very soon!! I haven't been blogging much mainly because I really have no time sit down in front of my laptop to edit the gazillion photos that I have and to blog properly.

A little update about my life now... I've had a switch of jobs recently about a month back, so was trying to settle myself and adapt to the changes around me. My new work place is really near my home, so that's like a major plus point already! In addition, I forsee more exciting plans coming up from now till next year, so I am really quite looking forward to the challenges ahead.

Woody is now serving his reservice in an ocean somewhere in Australia, so maybe that's why I can sneak in some time to blog. I always thought nothing of his reservice because I thought that it'd be a good time to catch up on my own stuff, do what I've always wanted to, spend more time with my family, catch up on some rest, etc. BUT I guess I was wrong, his absence of 3 weeks away from me is really quite a torture to me! We've never been this long apart, but I can only get used to it. I'm managing it well I guess, better than I've expected. I mean, I still do get all emotional and stuff when I listen to some songs and think of him... But right now, it's been 10 days down and 8 more to go! I must say I'm stronger than I think I am. I'll just wait for him to come back before I start being the clingy/needy girlfriend again. HAHAHA. Also, everyday he'll call me in the evening using the ship's satellite phone. The reception is REALLY BAD. I'm not even kidding. Just imagine 10 minutes of phone call everyday, but half filled with much interference and "hello, can you hear me???". Sometimes we even get frustrated thanks to the reception...

I know I haven't been the best at updating my blog but hey, here's a really long post about Woody's birthday escapade!!! How did the idea of bringing him away come about...? He has always been complaining about his body aches so I thought I'd bring him for a massage/spa. It's really costly to go for one in Singapore, because you can actually use the money to go overseas and pay for the spa as well! So I did my research for weeks and after much contemplation, we ended up at... Tempat Senang Resort, Spa & Restaurant at Batam, Indonesia :)

Birthday Escapade DAY 1

Good morning, birthday boy! Rise and shine!


He's really damn silly, all dressed up and pulling his luggage but he doesn't know where we're going, LOL!!


Almost there...


He said this to me when we saw BatamFast, "There, this is where you're bringing me to right!?" He thought I was kidding when I said yes.....


Alright, it really is this!


Checked in.


We bought McDonald's breakfast because we were so hungry.


Me need some hotcakes now, please!!!




On the ferry for near a good hour. The weather was looking fine too. I was afraid of rain because Batam's monsoon season starts in November and it was end October when we went.


Welcome to Sekupang Terminal! This is the one nearest to our resort.


Okay now that we're at Batam, what next?


We cleared customs after a long time because there was a crowd. Then tadah, someone from the resort will come pick us up!


We shared the van with another Singaporean group.






After less than 10 minutes, we've reached! The road to this resort was kinda bumpy, there is no convenience store nearby as it is located in quite a secluded area. The roads of Batam seemed really rural as well.


This is it, we're finally here :)


We were being led to this sitting area whereby we had to choose 3 items from the spa menu. I signed us up for the half day spa session with an overnight stay. While choosing, W's neighours saw us and said hi... What a coincidence, we're always seeing them everywhere. Even in the same overseas resort, lol!


The different body scrubs.


We went to walk around the area while waiting for our room to be ready.


This is the spa house.










#bossoftheday




The main outdoor pool.








We stumbled upon our room, and it's ready! Ours is the Sultan Room.


Excited!!! Because W doesn't have a single clue about how the room looks like.




I chose this room because it looked big in the photos, plus there's an indoor jacuzzi.


TV area.


Private pool and villa when you step out from the living room entrance.


I hope you're happy with the room, baby boy!


Fooling around outside our room.




















After a while, it was spa time!!!! The bowl of green stuff is actually freshly grated young coconut, which is the flavour I chose for my scrub. Woody chose a peppermint one with real rice grains, it kinda hurt for him in the end hahaha. As for me, I was like a big pandan kueh with grated coconut toppings. HAHAHAHA. We both started with a full body massage, then herbal compress and ended with the body scrubs. I had Javanese massage while W had Thai. He ALWAYS has Thai, I prefer my massages with aromatherapy oil! Herbal compress was this procedure whereby they pound hot, small bags of tightly compressed herbs onto your body.




This is the lobby area. After our spa, we weren't refreshed because both of us fell asleep!! HAHAHA.


They provide a range of movies for you to choose from, most are pirated versions but it's such a good idea. You simply have to transfer the files into the thumbdrive given earlier.


Beside the lobby, there was the spa shop selling all the stuff we used during the spa session, including the herbal compress bags!


We settled for dinner at the inhouse restaurant.


Here's my silly boyfriend with the star dish of the night! ♥




Beer can chicken! It was SGD$49, chicken was very tasty, tender and moist in the insides due to the beer. However, there wasn't any strong alcohol taste.


Came with mashed potatoes.


Cooked vegetables as sides too.






It's a tad bit disturbing to see the chicken standing like that in all angles. Hahaha.


We had a sticky date pudding to end dinner. The dessert was so good, yummm!


Honour system bar whereby you pay for what you take, without surveillance.


Chose our movies for the night, and kisses for my favourite boy in the world.






Made him search for his birthday present in the room, here's his much determined face.


And then he searched the fridge........




YAY he found it!!


Thomas Sabo Rebel at Heart bracelet..


Must #instagram :D Alright, that's all for our day 1!

Birthday Escapade DAY 2

Good morning from Batam! We woke up a tad bit late for breakfast...




At least there're still some food left.






I always eat this whenever it's available at breakfast.


Scrambled egg from the live station.




Found this little honey jar really cute!


The service staff is really, really good at Tempat Senang! They were always smiling and very patient with our requests. They even stayed back to serve us despite breakfast hours being over, refilled the milk and juice for us, as well as help toast our bread (because we overtoasted the bread lol).




Gotta love having fresh breakfast in such serene surroundings.




Decided to play a round of pool after getting our breakfast fix. I won! But obviously he let me, hahah.




Time for a swim in the private pool of ours!


My sexy boyfriend at the villa. So yummy, ahhaha. ♥♥














In the end, I could only swim by myself because he scrapped his leg.


Ouch :'(


By 1PM, it was time to check out... We hired a taxi to send us to Nagoya Hill for shopping and then to Batam Centre to depart to Singapore.


The girl from the resort said that this was their Vivocity.


The mall is really blue, it's not my camera.


Pirated VCDs, everywhere!


We tried froyo from Enjoya.






BFC, Batam Fried Chicken?


A&W ran out of curly fries islandwide, wtf. We had to settle for curly fries from B&W.


Took this because W said that the photo on the right was taken only when the steak was eaten halfway. HAHAHHAHA #laughdieme


We went grocery shopping and spent around SGD$50 there thanks to the different snacks.


Husband material ttm, helped to pack all the stuff inside the luggage neatly.


Baskin Robbins!


There was a promotion of buy two scoops get one scoop free.




JCO donuts were like half priced in Batam, how can we resist...


We waited for our ferry to go back to Singapore. The ferry ride was sooooo bad because I got sea sick and the people kept smoking non-stop. FML. Never felt so relieved to be back in Singapore. To be honest, home is always still the best whereby you know you can be yourself and feel comfortable.

That's the end of the birthday escapade!!! Another trip down, yay! Since Woody is going to be back next week, I still have about a week more to finish off my Taiwan posts. That's what I planned to do! Will I succeed...? Keep checking to find out, hehe. Good night everyone!!


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hi! It was an awesome post :) Am contemplating to book too! Anyways would like to ask, you mentioned you hired a taxi to send both of you guys to Nagoya Hill and then to Batam Centre to depart to Singapore, was this just one taxi you hired from the resort? or you flagged for another cab from nagoya to batam centre?

    Also, did you book directly from the resort website? What was the rough cost though?
    So sorry for all these questions! But would appreciate it, thank you! Thumbs up for the blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! We got the resort to book us a cab to the shopping mall then to Batam Centre to depart Singapore. So it was just 1 taxi for the 2 destinations. However, do settle a price for the cab fare with the driver (with the resort staff around) so he doesn't scam you at the end of the trip.

      We also booked directly from the site, and got the overnight spa package (http://www.tempatsenang.com/content.aspx?cid=67). Was around SGD$300 per pax.

      Delete